- About Us
- News and Events
- Biosolids Corner
- January 2017 - The Compatibility of Biosolids Land Application with Nutrient Management Regulations
- July 2016 - Triclosan? Just Wash Your Hands.
- January 2016 - Does Biosolids Quality Improve During Storage?
- July 2015 - The Truthiness of Vaccines and Autism, Y2K Meltdown…and Toxic Biosolids
- April 2015 - Is Biosolids Use a "Normal Agricultural Operation?"
- January 2015 - Synagro Update, New Year's Resolutions, General Permit Changes
- July 2014 - Proposed Changes to General Permits for Biosolids and Septage Beneficial Use
- April, 2014 - Top Soil Blending with Exceptional Quality Biosolids
- Oct. 2013 - Land Application Sympsosium Highlights
- July 2013 - Inflammatory Title, Insufficient Data Lead to Misinformation About Biosolids
- April 2013 - Land Applier's Compliance Checklist
- Oct. 2012 - Update on Regrowth, Odors, and Sudden Increase (ROSI) in Biosolids Research
- July 2012 - ACT 38 PA Nutrient Management Program Changes and the Impact on Biosolids Land Applicati
- April 2012 - Local News Article Leads to E. coli Media Hype
- January 2012 - WEFTEC 2011 Happenings
- October 2011 - European E. Coli Outbreak and the Implications for Biosolids Recycling
- July 2011 - Product Stewardship - The Next Big Thing
- Jan. 2011 - Biosolids Safety and Odor Research Underway
- Dec. 2010 - Charting the Future of Biosolids Management
- Sept. 2010 - Biosolids Issues Management
- June, 2010 - Letter to the Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay
- March, 2010 - New Year's Resolutions for Biosolids Managers
- Dec. 2009 - PA Legislative Fact Sheets
- May, 2008 - WEF Residuals and Biosolids Specialty Conference
- Biosolids Benefits to Farmers
- MABA - Mid-Atlantic Biosolids Association
- Case Studies
- Lancaster Farming Ad
- Contact Us
PA Certified Woman Business Enterprise
FEDERALLY CERTIFIED WOMEN-OWNED SMALL BUSINESS
Nutrient Management Planning Specialist
Odor Management Planning Specialist
Follow Garvey Resources, Inc. on Facebook
Keep informed about the latest biosolids news and trends by following Diane Garvey's Biosolids Blog.
Diane's most recent post is entitled, "Another Look at Triclosan."
News & Events
Diane will be presenting at three upcoming events in September:
EPWPCOA Meeting and Trade Show in Leesport, PA
Friday, September 16, 2016
The title of the presentation is: “The Phosphorus Index and the Impact on Land Application of Exceptional Quality and Class B Biosolids.”
The conditions of the General Permits for Land Application will be revised and reissued in April 2017 to include an evaluation of each field for the Phosphorus Index. This presentation will evaluate the impacts of this change and provide recommendations to prepare for these new regulatory requirements.
WEFTEC 2016 – Technical Exhibition and Conference in New Orleans
Technical Session #410, “Sludge Hydrolysis,” Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 2 PM
This will be a presentation of a paper written by Diane Garvey et. al. entitled, “Hydrolysis Process and High Solids Liquid Fertilizer Reduce Land Application Costs & Complies with Nutrient Management Regulations”
The Issue: With the growing interest in Resource Recovery, many biosolids producers are keen to continue to
recover the nutrients and organics in their biosolids through land application to agricultural lands. The traditional land application of dewatered biosolids, however, often raises concerns from
regulators and the public about odors, dust and nutrient run-off. In addition, newly implemented or soon to be implemented Nutrient Management Regulations in each state will limit how much and where
biosolids may be used in agriculture.
The Solution: Over the last 8 years a number of biosolids producers in Canada have made use of a biosolids hydrolysis process to overcome stakeholder concerns. This process produces a high solids EQ biosolids liquid that can be land applied in a way that offers a number of benefits to the ratepayer, the public, environmental regulators, and the farmer.
EPWPCOA Event “Beneficial Use of Biosolids in Mine Reclamation” in St. Clair, PA
Session entitled “General Permitting for Beneficial Use” on Friday, September 30, 2016 at 10:45 AM
This presentation will cover the process of General Permitting for the Beneficial Use of Biosolids, including the requirements for biosolids quality, preparation of sampling plans for biosolids permitting, and the preparation of Biosolids Quality Enhancement Plans for use in the Land Application and Beneficial Use of Biosolids.
DC Water has launched its new branded biosolids product: BLOOM. And you can learn about this project at the new website:
For more information on any of the above topics, please contact Diane Garvey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-362-4444.